jueves, 1 de octubre de 2009

Walking to the north.

I was walking to the north
far away from my town,
I don’t know what is worst
leave my house or go on.

Believe it or not, am not crazy,
I just looking for my best,
on my family always thinking
no matter what happen as well.

My country is beauty but not enough,
there is no work and no food,
and the opportunities are so far
there is no way to be good.

But in my intent to cross the border,
I get lost in the train wagons,
and when I taught that I was close to
the police catch me and return me back on.

Im not really sure if is bad luck or not
but I just have two options, stay here or go back,
if stay I have no money to continue my adventure,
if I return I will broken the only dream to my hearth.

God, if you listen my pray I beg you,
don’t let me down and support me,
‘cause if I don’t cross that wall in a mean time
I will not be strong enough to for give me.

My son don’t cry and try to sleep a little
I know you are fourteen only but be in calm,
your father is here in the middle
and no body will hurt you, I swear of god.

I’m still walking to the north
but I don’t know my tomorrow,
may be I will go back to the south
but for today my dreams I follow.

I hear black stories about the wet backs,
how they die and get lost by the sand
but I close the mind and cross my hands
and closing my eyes tries to don’t cry.

Sorry to don’t said a good bye,
because I have to continue my own way,
but just remember me in case I don’t make it
and help me out if deported I been than.

Pedro Tapia.

1 comentario:

Dromo dijo...

this is the kind of texts,
where all you give the reader elemtos
is immersed in the world of the protagonist
difficult to evade
maybe that one way or another
even our dreams
sometimes walk to the north
but for others (less)
their dreams end up lost in the sand.

I think that's your style here
congratulations on this text.

in other texts it saves
how to express the
feelings
in this way to reflect the reality.

in the end I am proud
my simple but hard-working race race
not seeking power or wealth
just look for the sustenance for his beloved family.